Dec 31, 2011

Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2012



Marc by Marc Jacobs looked more polished, sleeker, and more grown up for spring. I really enjoyed this collection because it did not have too many gimmicks and it was pretty streamlined compared to the past seasons. There was major minimalism going on in silhouette and color. The word Bauhaus appeared in the show notes and so the influence appeared in the collection. A boxy electric orange top was worn over a simple navy shorts, and a fuss-free shift dress and a navy top and green skirt. I enjoyed the skirts with the peplums that went with simple modern tops. It was plain, yet powerful and playful. At first I almost did not want to see this collection because I was getting a bit weary of how gimmicky and trendy it was getting. I am glad I did not miss it.



Marc by Marc Jacobs
Spring 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment