Jun 28, 2011

Christian Dior Spring Couture 2011. Galliano's Last Collection.

For now I will not get into how Galliano started his career in fashion and where he is now after his day in court on June 22nd, 2011. I will most likely write something about that in the future. For now, just for this blog, I would only want to focus on this amazing collection he designed before his world turned upside down.

John Galliano began his haute couture career at Givenchy and then he was called to design for the house of Dior. I gather that Bernard Arnault saw the extraordinary talent that Galliano had that would be a fit for Christian Dior. I am sure that Monsieur Dior himself would approve the talented Galliano to design couture for the house.

Even though it has been a few months since the Christian Dior Spring Couture show, I have the itch to write about it because I think that this collection, the last one designed by John Galliano, was the most beautiful collection that he created for the house of Dior. It is as if he somehow knew, deep down inside, that he was going to step away and needed to design something outstanding to leave a stamp in the pages of fashion history. I believe he achieved this. I also believe that René Gruau would give a standing ovation.

Illustration by
René Gruau

A tribute to René Gruau was projected through these amazing unique pieces that were displayed so elegantly. Every single resource was used to create these exquisite clothes that were each in their own way breath taking. The accessories added perfect touches. Galliano did a great job in evoking Gruau's brush strokes, colors and even drawing techniques like the shading in his designs.

Photo by
Eric Martin

Out of this favorite Dior collection of mine I have some favorites. But I want you to have a look and see what your favorites are! Take a look. You will be amazed and mesmerized.

Christian Dior Haute Couture
Spring 2011
Part 1


Christian Dior Haute Couture
Spring 2011
Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment