Feb 28, 2011

Beautiful Gowns pouring on the OSCAR Red Carpet

I have to say that this year I enjoyed the Red Carpet at the Oscars. Not so many ladies missed the mark. Many of them definitely gave a punch of glamour, elegance and style that was to be reckoned with.

DISAPPOINTMENTS
First, I have to write about the ones who I was a bit disappointed in, who could have worn something else.
Scarlett Johansson wore a Dolce & Gabbana dress of a purplish lace that did not pull out that beauty in her that she radiates. Marisa Tomei's choice was a vintage Charles James dress. What did not work with her choice was her hair. It could have been done in a more polished and finished style. And I was disappointed in Nicole Kidman. She wore a Christian Dior Couture white dress that wore Nicole rather than Nicole wearing the dress. I loved seeing this dress on the runway and maybe it would have looked good on someone else but not on Nicole. .
Now for the ones I enjoyed and the ones I LOVED.
I ENJOYED
Reese Witherspoon wore Armani Prive (Couture) and looked beautiful but I could not make up my mind if I liked her hair. Amy Adams looked sparkly in her L'Wrenn Scott dress and she reminded me of a true vintage Hollywood look that she made look contemporary. Hillary Swank looked elegant in her Gucci metallic sequined gown that had some feathers at the hem. I think she had one of the best updo's. Cate Blanchett looked edgy and sophisticated in her Givenchy Couture.  Jennifer Hudson was serving her body in the bright tangerine Versace gown. Good for her! Halle Berry looked beautiful in her Marchesa. The color and style of the dress was perfect for her. Now, why couldn't she wear something like this when she was competing in Miss USA 1986? She did make it to 1st Runner Up though.
Natalee Portman wore the perfect dress designed by Rodarte. It draped perfectly on her body and the dress had just the right amount of beading on it that this did not overpower her.
I LOVED
Michelle Williams in CHANEL Spring 2011 Couture looked pure and sexy. Jennifer Lawrence looked hot and sexy in her Red Calvin Klein. Mila Kunis looked very sexy and elegant in her Ellie Saab Couture in the perfect color. Va voom!
Hailee Steinfeld wore a Marchesa that was perfect for this 14 year old nominee. She looked like a princess. It reminded me of Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday. What a great experience for her!
Gwyneth Paltrow looked like a an Oscar winner in her silver Calvin Klein. Or was it gold?
Helen Mirren looked regal, elegant and spectacular in her Vivienne Westwood Couture dress and modern with her fabulous, short hair. What more can I say?? Also, I think women who have sliver or white hair may be inspired to try this short style for themselves.
Sandra Bullock radiated with confidence, strength and beauty in her sexy and elegant passionate red dress by Vera Wang. To me, she is the winner.

There were no big disasters. Only that some dresses were not the right ones for some gorgeous women.
The women who radiated, made the perfect choices that released the presence of their beauty within them even more than ever on that Red Carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment